  • Subject: RE: WRKSBMJOB, option 8 failing, V4R4, CUM=99230
  • From: Buck Calabro <mcalabro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:52:32 -0400

Simon,
We used this when moving from the System/3 to the System/38.  We originally
had our OCL on cards, and when the 3741 came out, we moved the job streams
to diskette.  We did things this way because our operations staff were
skilled at making changes to OCL streams (sort specs, // SWITCH, // DATE and
so on).  You put a diskette in the "keypunch" machine, edit the OCL and
submit the job from the same 3741.  Their skills meant that a single job
(List Customers) could produce many different reports based on the sort
criteria used by the job.  SBMDKTJOB worked OK on the S/38, but the 3741's
were very old and getting parts was becoming a problem.  We couldn't really
afford to lose this functionality, so we moved our job streams to a database
file, built a quick menu system over it to allow the operators to do SEU and
SBMDBJOB and off they went.

Buck Calabro