We've been trying to track down some performance problems, and the
     question has arisen: Does defining an ASP for our application data
     have any performance benefits? We currently have all DASD in RAID set
     in the system ASP.

     The system in question is 640 (2237).
      DSKSTS shows units 1-30 type 6713
                        31-36 type 6607