I've had several discussions with Harbinger about their GUI version.  I
really don't see how GUI will make anything more productive, just ore
complex,not to mention more difficult to support remotely.  When I asked
Harbinger about how many of their customers chose the GUI version v. the
Green Screen version when both were available, I got pretty much silence...
then added that some had purchased the GUI version.  This is a case where
the vendor is trying to shove something down the customers throat.... unless
I am totally off base, this is NOT what Harbinger's customers are asking
for.  I guess they do not understand their customers.  I am also a Harbinger
Business Partner and stock holder and I really don't like what I am seeing
right now (but the stock has been going up lately).
Incidentally, Bob makes an excellent point about splitting up EDI onto it's
own AS400.  We had a client that had a model 740 and needed EDI, but the
package cost was $60K, what we ended up doing was putting in a new 170 that
was in the P05 software tier and the total cost for AS400 and EDI/400
software was about $25K.  Go figure.  Trusted Link EDI/400 has excellent DDM
support so this type of solution works very well.
CJG
Carl Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
540 Powder Springs Street
Suite C19
Marietta, GA  30064
770-422-2995
mailto: cgalgano@ediconsulting.com
http://www.ediconsulting.com
EDI, Communications and AS400 Technical Consulting