  • Subject: Re: subfile size
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:43:36 -0400

Umm, can I ask a real basic question?  Irregardless of the fact that you CAN put
9999 records into a SFL, why would you Want to?  We have always set some 'line
in
the sand' (normally less than 50) after which we let the users actions determine
if more records are needed.  Waiting for that many records to load (plus the
memory hit it takes) usually resulted in upset users.  Add to that the fact that
there is NO WAY that any user with a life is going to look at all of 'em and it
seems like a waste of cycles and IO.

So as not to duck your original question, I have many customers on V4R4 and V4R3
with no known SFL problems.

  - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis         | What do You want to Reload today?
Arbor Solutions, Inc  | Don't throw your PC out the window,