  • Subject: RE: Laser Printer Recommendations
  • From: "Mark A. Manske" <manske@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 16:18:43 -0500
  • Disposition-Notification-To: "Mark A. Manske" <manske@pconline.com>

I am not sure of the cost, but I can check that out too for you, but we have
two HP's, one main one is
a HP8000 and the A/R department has a HP4000, both running similar to how
you currently have your HP5si; both are running to our network too as
Ethernet; they were a bit flaky at first, but the budget kept us down on
memory until we could convince them to purchase more.  Go with as much as
you can (at least 32Mb) it will be less painful in the long run.   We did
not loose any reports, just would lock, have to be powered off, varied off,
varied on and restarted.... time consuming irritant.   The AFP/IPDS kit is
MPI Blue Kit here too, configured as a local IPDS printer.

Hope this helps.

Mark A. Manske      [mailto:manske@pconline.com]
Sr. Project Lead
Minter-Weisman