  • Subject: Re: Greetings from Dicks Last Resort in San Antonio, Uh I mean Common :)
  • From: Chuck Lewis <clewis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 14:25:55 +0100

Don !

Thanks for including me on the update ! I REALLY appreciate it. Don't know if
you've ever been to San Antonio before but if not, get out and get around.
Pretty
neat little town ! I co-worker and myself (and our wives) got to a Symbol
Technologies user group meeting there about 5 years ago and had a GREAT time.
The
biggest impression for me was seeing the Alamo surrounded by buildings and RIGHT
down town - NOT to be a doofus, but heck, the only recollections I had of the
Alamo were from the western movies and pictures from history books when I was a
kid and it was out in the middle of nowhere :-)

River Walk is nice.

We stayed at the Hyatt Hillside Country Resort where the Symbol conference was
and then bopped into town when we could (which the way THAT conference was, was
EVERY afternoon - everything ended at 11:00 a.m. or so !!!).

Have you been following the thread on AS/400 password encryption on Midrange-L ?
That "leif" guy appears to be from Pentasafe although when I talked to them the
person I was speaking to had no idea who he was. Might be worth pinning them
down
as to WHAT the heck they are trying to stir up ;-)

Have fun and keep the GREAT news coming and don't get too ROWDY at Sound off
tonight !

Tell Al hello !

Chuck