  • Subject: RE: Calling all GDDM experts
  • From: Buck Calabro <mcalabro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:33:32 -0400

Terry,

Sorry for the delay, I had to look up my old programs from my manual
archives :-)

Yes, you can do GDDM and AFP together on the same page!  You need to create
a normal AFP printer file to use the BARCODE keyword.  You can also put
plain text on the page if you want to.  Once you have the printer file
settled, you will use THAT file for your GDDM work instead of QPGDDM.  The
trick is to do the FSINIT, DSOPEN and DSUSE before you OPEN the printer
file.  I will email you a complete sample, but here are the salient points:

FGRPRTF  O   E                    PRINTER                        UC

C* Initialise graphics
C                     CALL 'GDDM'
C                     PARM 'FSINIT  'GPARM   8
C* Prepare printer
C                     CALL 'GDDM'
C                     PARM 'DSOPEN  'GPARM
C                     PARM 2         I01
C                     PARM 1         I02
C                     PARM 'IPDS    'C08     8
C                     PARM 0         I03
C                     PARM           IA01
C                     PARM 1         I04
C                     PARM 'GRPRTF  'C10    10
C* Using printer
C                     CALL 'GDDM'
C                     PARM 'DSUSE   'GPARM
C* Put some text print on printer for testing
C                     OPEN GRPRTF
C                     WRITETEXT
C* Put some AFP print on printer for testing
C                     MOVE *ALL'1234'BARCOD
C                     WRITEAFP

C* Print fancy text
C* LOAD CHAR SET
C                     CALL 'GDDM'
C                     PARM 'GSLSS   'GPARM
C* SELECT CHAR SET
C                     CALL 'GDDM'
C                     PARM 'GSCS    'GPARM
C* Fancy name
C                     CALL 'GDDM'
C                     PARM 'GSCHAR  'GPARM

C* Print a pie chart
C* SET CHART AREA TO 50% OF PICTURE SPACE
C                     CALL 'GDDM'
C                     PARM 'CHAREA  'GPARM
C* PERCENTAGE PIE CHART
C                     CALL 'GDDM'
C                     PARM 'CHSET   'GPARM
C*  Set key attributes
C                     CALL 'GDDM'
C                     PARM 'CHKEY   'GPARM
C* DRAW THE HEADING
C                     CALL 'GDDM'
C                     PARM 'CHHEAD  'GPARM
C* DRAW THE PIE
C                     CALL 'GDDM'
C                     PARM 'CHPIE   'GPARM

C* Send picture
C                     CALL 'GDDM'
C                     PARM 'FSFRCE  'GPARM
C* Terminate processing
C                     CLOSEGRPRTF
C                     CALL 'GDDM'
C                     PARM 'FSTERM  'GPARM
C                     SETON                     LR

Buck Calabro
Aptis; Albany, NY