Hi All,

I am trying to configure TCP on a machine with 2 ethernet cards so that I can use a single IP address for load balancing and redundancy.  Reading the help for the ADDTCPIFC command LCLIFC parameter implies that I need to do the following:

1. Create interface 10.1.1.1 as line description *VIRTUALIP
2. Create interface 10.1.1.2 against line ETHERNET1 with LCLIFC(10.1.1.1)
3. Create interface 10.1.1.3 against line ETHERNET2 with LCLIFC(10.1.1.1)

After configuring and starting these interfaces, I cannot ping '10.1.1.11' unless I specify one of the physical interfaces and I
cannot ping 10.1.1.1 but I can ping 10.1.1.2 and 10.1.1.3 from a PC.
Has anyone successfully managed to configure an AS/400 with this sort of setup? If so, what am I doing wrong?

The manuals are less than forthcoming on using *VIRTUALIP.

The AS/400 is running v430 and on Cume pack 9131.  I cannot find anything on the support pages with respect to this setup.

Thanks,

Mike Buglass