  • Subject: RE: help on y2k
  • From: Debbie Helms <DHelms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 13:02:04 -0400

        Actually I had great confidence in the box performing up to the Y2K
test but the VP wanted an actual test done.  Soooo an actual test is what he
got.  I wouldn't have lost any sleep on New Year's eve worrying about the
box being able to handle Y2K.  You are right about IBM usually giving the
support...but this is the second time on a weekend that we have gotten the
wrong answer.  We talked to the line manager this morning and they decided
not to charge us, personally we had rather gotten the expertise  and paid
the bill.  We were polite, a little grouchy from lack of sleep.  And we did
keep calling back.  The line manager told us this morning that the calls
were being routed incorrectly and that is why it took forever on the call
back Monday.