  • Subject: Re: Blobs - Was - Floating Point Question
  • From: Jim Langston <jlangston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:33:07 -0700

Actually, anything can go into a BLOB field.  Any type of data whatsoever,
as what you give a BLOB is the binary data, the actually bytes that make up
the data you are wanting to store.

JPGs and other image formats are often stored there, as well as sounds,
movies, etc...

Basically anything that won't fit as TEXT.