  • Subject: Connection to Egypt
  • From: "Antje Waelde" <antje.waelde@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:04:37 +0100

Hello all,

Our company is in Germany. Since some weeks there is a partnership to a
company in Egypt.
Now we search for the best way to get connected.
Yet we donīt know how many bits and bytes will go over there.
We use software from JBA, this will also be used in Egypt.

For starting we prefer a connection via ISDN, but we donīt know if there is
something like this in Egypt.
Each way of connection will be expansive.

In Germany we have an AS/400 Model 530 with 3GB main storage and nearly 200
GB disk-capacity. To get Egypt connected to this AS/400 there is the
problem that they have sunday on fryday, they work form saturday to
thursday.
So we will have no time for Jobs which need the system without
dialog-input, for example RGZPFM.

If we will get Egypt on a seperate AS/400 there isīthe problem of
data-consolidation. At the moment we donīt know how to solve this with our
software-product.

We also thougt about a model 7xx with logical partioning but the problem of
data-consolidation is the same with the advantage of a fast connection by
Opti-Connect.

Someone has told us that there is RemoteJournaling at V4R4, perhaps this
can be a way to get data from one machine to another.

Is out there some who can give us any information for this

Antje Waelde
Duravit AG

Werderstr. 36
D-78132 Hornberg