  • Subject: Re: Please point me to the Books - dial ISP & exchange E-Mail
  • From: "Roger Vicker, CCP" <rvicker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 18:33:00 -0500

Tim & Tim,

I'll check out the red book, just hope that two years and V4R4 haven't
made too much of it the longer path.

The basic requirements are that individuals will be able to receive and
send mail from their PCs through the AS/400 to the ISP (via a scheduled
dial-up)
and on to the internet.

I expect that part of how the ISP handles it (single mailbox or each
user's) depends on the ISP and domain used/location. I would prefer that
it can
be arranged similar to a full time connection where the ISP forwards
everything for the domain and we can setup users as needed, but it
wouldn't be that big
of a deal if the ISP maintains individual accounts and the AS/400 picks
each
one up.

Roger Vicker, CCP

--
*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte ***
www.vicker.com ***

Systems should be described as simply as possible, but no simpler. --
Einstein