  • Subject: Re: Equipment question
  • From: "Henrik Krebs" <hkrebs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 20:50:49 +0200

Different ASP's? One seems full and probably overflows to another. I would
consider it as a problem.

----------
Fra: Dennis Munro <DMunro@badgerminingcorp.com>
Til: 'Midrange Users' <Midrange-L@midrange.com>
Emne: Equipment question
Dato: 4. august 1999 17:03

I have a question about the 9402 Model 400 - 2132 system processor & 128MB
of memory we have.  Doing a WRKDSKSTS this morning, I noticed the following:

Work with Disk Status
S1054HFG

08/04/99  09:17:29
Elapsed time:   00:00:00

             Size    %     I/O   Request   Read  Write   Read  Write    %

Unit  Type    (M)  Used    Rqs  Size (K)    Rqs   Rqs     (K)   (K)   Busy

   1  6606   1967  99.7     .0       .0      .0     .0     .0     .0     0

   1  6606   1967  99.7     .0       .0      .0     .0     .0     .0     0

   2  6607   4194  76.1     .0       .0      .0     .0     .0     .0     0
.
.

The 6606 drives are mirrored and the 6607's are running Raid-5.  This is the
test/dev box and I am aware of the performance problem we will have with the
6607 drives being as full as they are and that is okay for being a test/dev
machine.  What has me concerned is the 6606 drives being as full as they
are.  Before I deleted the PM/400 performance files and then an IPL this
morning, the percent used was ++++++.  Someplace I remember hearing/reading
that the 6606 drives were reserved for "system programs".

Monday morning the percent used was 91.7%.  Since then I have restored a
library twice - our main BPCS files library.  I don't know what to do AND/OR
if it is even a problem.  My gut says it is a problem whenever a drive
becomes full.  Doing a RCLSTG vs. an IPL was discussed in this list recently
and an IPL was going to get about the same results was what I vaguely
remember from that thread.

What do I do?

Dilbert's Words Of Wisdom:
"I love deadlines.  I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they
go flying by."

Dennis Munro
Badger Mining Corporation
dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com <mailto:dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com>