  • Subject: Re: MCH3601 is a stupid error
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:06:00 -0500

When I had a MCH3601 error I took the 'D' option.  Turns out that I
wasn't passing all the parameters.  The program is called from a command
and is a homegrown RTVJOBD.  No the parameters are not in sequence,
meaning I might pass parameters 1, 2 and 5.  When I took the D option
I noticed other variables.  For example, if I had the following:
Parm1
Parm2
Parm3
Parm4
Parm5
Parm6
I would also notice
ptr.Parm1
So I did a IF %ADDR(PARM2)=*null  then don't do anything at all with this
parameter.  A simple move *blanks PARM2 will blow up if you do.  Sample code:
C     Detail        BegSr
C* We use %addr to see if the field is addressable.  This will occur
C* when a user uses RTVJOBD and doesn't fill out each and every one
C* of the possible values.
C                   If        %addr(InlLibl) <> *NULL
C                   Eval      InlLibl = *blanks
C                   Eval      InlLibl=%subst(JOBD0100:
C                                            Offliblst+1:
C                                            NbrLibLst*11)
C                   EndIf

rattus@enterprise.net on 08/05/99 03:49:20 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet