Hi,
In DDS for display, we can right-justify a character field by using the
CHECK(RB) keyword
ie. a input of  'ABCD   '  would give us '   ABCD'.

Q. Is there a CHECK(LB) for left-justify?
if not, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get the effect as
simple as possible, please..
Thanks.
KK Liu.

ps. sample code...
QDDSSRC/ TSTDSP
*************** Beginning of data *************************************
     A                                      DSPSIZ(24 80 *DS3)
     A          R DSPMSG
     A                                      CF12(12 'F12 pressed')
     A                                  5 10'OBJECT :'
     A            OBJ           10   B  5 25
     A            MSG           20   O 20 25
     A                                 23 28'F12=Cancel'
****************** End of data ****************************************

QCLSRC/ TSTDSPC
*************** Beginning of data *************************************
             PGM
             DCLF       FILE(TSTDSP)
 START:
             SNDRCVF    RCDFMT(DSPMSG)
             IF         COND(&IN12 = '1') THEN(GOTO END)
             CHKOBJ     OBJ(QSYS/&OBJ) OBJTYPE(*LIB)
             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF9810) EXEC(GOTO ERR)
             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF9801 CPF9815) EXEC(GOTO ERR)
             CHGVAR     VAR(&MSG) VALUE('Library exists')
             GOTO START
 ERR:        CHGVAR     VAR(&MSG) VALUE('No such Library')
             GOTO START
 END:        ENDPGM

Then, CALL TSTDSPC and enter '   ABC  ' at the screen.
Program bombs with CPF error because of the spaces in front....
Monitoring for error is not the solution!