  • Subject: Re: recovery of qsys/qadbifld file...
  • From: pytel@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 10:44:29 -0500

There's a bunch of QADB* files, which together comprise system database
dictionary (database cross-reference files).
QDBSRVXR job is maintaining these files (when files are created, deleted,
restored, changed).
You should never attempt to do anything directly to these files.
System is supposed to take care of these files automatically.
In case, if they are screwed up, system can rebuilt the files as part of RCLSTG
processing.
You may also run RCLSTG SELECT(*DBXREF) to run only this part of RCLSTG.
If number of files on system is high, this can take several hours to run.

Best regards
    Alexei Pytel

Don <dr2@cssas400.com> on 07/08/99 08:32:30 AM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com