  • Subject: Re: PTF installation problem
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 08:13:51 -0400

Phani,

 Well this is certainly not good.  I am aware that there are places
during the PTF process that, should they terminate abnormally, DO
require an OS/400 reload.  Of course these are not documented
externally because, well, you are not supposed to do that!

 Does the system come up at all?  Is the error only occuring when you
try to re-load the PTFs?  If the system does come up, it is possible
that removal of the PTFs prior to re-apply could solve the problem.
However the re-load process is certain to solve the problem and has a
relatively known (albeit not short) implementation time.   Do you have
a supportline contract? If so then they may also be able to help you
out of this.

 HTH - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis         | What do you want to reload today?
Arbor Solutions, Inc  |