If you are gonna do this (the rewards are great) be sure to standardize on
WinHLLAPI (windows standard) and not ELLAPI (old dos standard).  There is a
difference in how they work and all vendors support WinHLLAPI today if they
are still in business.

Regards,

Jerry

At 10:15 AM 5/27/99 +1200, you wrote:
>Thanks Ross,
>Im trying to learn ELLAPI.Have you got a sample you could send me in VB
>which extracts data off  and writes back a 5250 term emul.
>I am a jnr programmer and have been using DDE and send keys for this,I have
>been told HLLAPI is much better.
>We use Rumba 5.2 which fully supports DDE and HLLAPI.
>
>cheers Dave
>

>----------
>> From: Ross Hartford <rossh@ccslink.com>
>> To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
>> Subject: RE: HLLAPI s
>> Date: Thursday, 27 May 1999 02:07
>>
>> We have worked extensively with EHLLAPI in our computer telephony
>> integration product (CallPro).  In one of the methods of impelmentation,
>we
>> use a Windows program to drive "screen pops" via screen scraping to
>either a
>> 3270 or a 5250 session.  It works great and is fast.
>>
>> You just have to be careful that you allow time in the Windows
>application
>> program for the terminal emulation session to complete the previous
>> operation.  But that's about the only problem we ran into.  The symptoms
>> were that some data would be missing on the screen, when you ran in debug
>> mode, everything worked ok though.  We added a sleep timer in the routine
>> between posts to the screen and it corrected the problem.
>>
>> It works fine both in VB and C.
>>
>> Ross

Jerry Draper, Trilobyte Software Systems, since 1976
Specializing in connecting PC's, Windows, MAC's, and LAN's to the AS/400
Representing Synapse, Apple, IBM, UDS, Nlynx, MI, DCI, Netsoft, etc.
(415) 457-3431; (415) 258-1658fax; jdraper@wco.com