  • Subject: Re: processing speed
  • From: pytel@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 14:58:00 -0500

Pool 1 is always *MACHINE pool.
It is not obvious which pool on your list is the one from QBATCH subsystem.
Looking at your command I would suspect you use private pools in your
susbsystems configuration.
I would suggest to change all your susbsystems to use shared pools - *BATCH,
*INTERACT, *SPL  and *SHRPOOL1-n.
Also change system value QPFRADJ to value 2 or 3.
In this way you will let performance adjuster to chage pool sizes depending on
the workload.
Then if you have single job running, it will gradually pull in most of memory in
its pool.

Best regards
    Alexey Pytel

Mary Koetting <Mary_Koetting@mail.mchcp.org> on 05/20/99 02:12:31 PM