  • Subject: RE: "RPG isn't cool" (was: Re: IBM Secret)
  • From: Roger Boucher <RBoucher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 09:34:11 -0700

This is amusing... actually, VERY amusing!  =)  But... It seems to me
(inexperienced and unworldly as I may be) that if the younger generation
is not learning RPG then the shortage of quality programmers is (I
imagine) surely expected to become worse.  How long do you suppose it
will be before IT managers would be FORCED to look at alternatives to
the AS/400 due to resource and software maintenance costs?  If IBM
doesn't consider this a serious situation... perhaps they should?  Or
are they really throwing ALL their eggs in the JAVA basket??  Maybe it's
not so amusing after all.

Roger Boucher
Standard Pacific Corp.
rboucher@stanpac.com