  • Subject: RE: APPN config
  • From: "Neil O'Reilly" <NOReilly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 13:01:16 +0100

First, create two controller descriptions on each system using crtctlappc
with the following parameters:

        Controller description . . . . . . :            LINKSys1 or
whatever..
        Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :            *BASIC
        Category of controller . . . . . . :            *APPC

        Link type  . . . . . . . . . . . . :            *LAN
        Online at IPL  . . . . . . . . . . :            *YES
        Active switched line . . . . . . . :            Name of local
Ethernet Line desc.
        Character code . . . . . . . . . . :            *EBCDIC
        Maximum frame size . . . . . . . . :            16393
        Current maximum frame size . . . . :            1496
        Remote network identifier  . . . . :            *NETATR
        Remote control point . . . . . . . :            Name of remote
System
        Initial connection . . . . . . . . :            *DIAL
        Dial initiation  . . . . . . . . . :            *LINKTYPE
        Switched disconnect  . . . . . . . :            *YES
        Data link role . . . . . . . . . . :            *NEG
        LAN remote adapter address . . . . :            Adapter address of
the remote systems

Ethernet Card ( get using wrkcfgsts )

Repeat this step on the second system using the different parameters as
required ( different
remote control point, remote lan adapter address etc.

Then you will need run cfgdstsrv. Take option 1 to add a distribution queue,
then F6 for a new entry. You can give the "queue name" and " remote location
name " the system name of the remote system. The rest of parameters you can
leave as default.

Back at the Config Distribution Services main menu, select 2 for a routing
table, F6 to add and enter the remote system name for " system Name / Group
" as well as for all the " Queue Name " fields.

If both ethernet lines are up and running on your two systems you should be
able to vary on the controllers you created. If you get a " vary on pending
" status there is a problem with your configuration or ethernet lines.

Once you have the two controllers varied on, you will be able to use Snads
communications for
Passthru, SNDNETF, RCVNETF,  SNDNETSPLF etc. However, I would recommend that
you use FTP for transferring files as it is a lot easier to manage and
doesn't have the size limitations of SNDNETF ( 2gb I think ).

Hope this helps,

Neil