  • Subject: RE: Virtual Device spontaneous combustion!
  • From: Jim Knight <jknight@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:01:34 -0700

John,
We are getting the same problem with APPC devices.  We contacted
IBM Support and they seem just as baffled as we are.  This is an
ongoing problem since we have 2500+ APPC devices defined.  We
averaged about 20 a week of devices being deleted and recreated
for awhile.  It seems since we went to V4R3, the problem has
been minimized.  It has dropped to about 5 a month now.

Jim K