From: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com [mailto:owner-midrange-l@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of mcrump@ballfoster.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 1999 10:26 AM
To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Laser checks

We use Optio's CheckBook/400 with Rosetta MICR printers and really like it.
think you are right that it is indeed pricy but there a number of features
that
a package like CB/400 or ACOM that are nice:

Simplifiying laser check design.
Minimize or eliminate application code changes (really nice when dealing
with
packaged applications)
Flexible and maintanable bank id's and micr lines
Audit trails
Positive pay interfaces
Multiple bank account support
Flexible and maintanable spool file merging
etc.

We looked at doing this ourselves and just really felt that we could not
provide
 all the functionality and flexibility in a timely manner.
Due to our circumstances we did not competively review the various products.
However, I can say that Optio may be worth looking
at - www.optionsoftware.com.

hth

"John Bussert" <jbussert@stecnet.com> on 04/06/99 02:15:46 PM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com