  • Subject: query problems....
  • From: Cyndi Bradberry <CyndiB@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 15:27:50 -0600

Hello,

We have been trying to run a query using the runqry command. This particular
query is run every month, and this is the first problem we have encountered.

                         Additional Message Information

 Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF5033

 Date sent  . . . . . . :   04/05/99      Time sent  . . . . . . :
15:11:33

 Message . . . . :   Select/omit error on member SRVDSRL3.

 Cause . . . . . :   A select/omit error occurred on member SRVDSRL3 file

   SRVDSRL3 in library ISLIB because the fields in record number 0, record

   format FORMAT0001, member number 1 have one of the following problems:

     -- A field contains decimal data that is not valid.

     -- A field contains floating point data that is not valid.

     -- A field contains DBCS data that is not valid.

     -- A field contains date, time, or timestamp data that is not valid.

     -- A significant digit was truncated.

 Recovery  . . . :   If the record number is zero, the error occurred on an

   attempt to put or update a record.  See previously listed message CPD4001
   identify the access path that is preventing the operation.  See
previously
   listed message CPD4019 to determine the fields that contributed to the

   select/omit error.  Change the fields that are not correct and try the

   request again.

     If the record number is not zero, the error occurred on an attempt to
read
   an existing record.  See previously listed message CPD4019 to determine
the
   physical file fields that are in error.  Either delete the record from
the
   file or change the data in the fields that are not correct.  Then try the

   request again.

 Possible choices for replying to message . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :

   C -- The request is canceled.

   I -- The request is ignored.

                         Additional Message Information

 Message ID . . . . . . :   CPD4019

 Date sent  . . . . . . :   04/05/99      Time sent  . . . . . . :
15:11:33

 Message . . . . :   Select or omit error on field CHKDIG member SRVDSR.

 Cause . . . . . :   A select or omit error occurred in record 0, record
format
   RDSR, member number 1 of file SRVDSR in library LDATA, because of
condition
   6 of the following conditions:

     1 - The data was not valid in a decimal field.

     2 - A select or omit program error occurred because the data in a
select
   or omit field is not compatible with the select or omit specifications.

     3 - A select or omit program call error occurred.

     4 - A comparison was tried on a floating point field that was not a

   number.

     5 - The data was not valid in a double-byte character set (DBCS) field.

     6 - A data mapping error occurred on the field before the select or
omit

   operation was attempted.

     7 - A data mapping error occurred on a record that was being selected
for
   a subquery.

     If the error occurred while the program was trying to get back an
existing
   record, member SRVDSR file SRVDSR in library LDATA identifies the name of

   the physical file containing the field that caused the mapping error.

   Otherwise, the error occurred while the program was trying to perform an

   output or update operation.  The file name identifies the open file

   containing the field that caused the select or omit error.  If the field

   name is *N, the field name is not known or is a default value.

Now the file SRVDSRL3 is a LF38 (don't ask) to concatenate two fields into
one to match against another file. The logical is recreated every month as
part of the monthend procedures which was Friday morning. We have recreated
this file three times already today, trying to figure out what might be
wrong.  If you query just against the SRVDSRL3 file, the query runs
beautifully, if you run against the other file in the query, it also runs
fine, it is only when you run against them both together the error happens.
There are also no select/omit statements in the logical at all or in the
query based on the field CHKDIG.  Help !!!  I am on V4R3, cum 98279.

Thanks,
Cyndi Bradberry
Idaho Housing and Finance Association
Boise, Idaho