  • Subject: Re: USRCLS(*USER) = *ALLOBJ....???
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 14:12:14 -0500

John,

  Yup this works and it's even in the book (see below).  I especially like the
part about Security level 10!

  - Larry

Quote from the Work Management GUied (V4R3):
2.3.107 QSECURITY System Value

QSECURITY is the system security level indicator.

For unattended IPL, previously requested changes to the security level are made
during the IPL.

QSECURITY can be:

| 0 '10': The system does not require a password to sign-on. The user has
| access to all system resources. Special authorities can be added or
| removed from a user profile by using the CRTUSRPRF or CHGUSRPRF
| command.

| Note: This security level is no longer supported.  <<<<<<<*******<<<<<<!!!

<snip>

All user profiles will have special authorities granted or revoked based on
their user class when changing from a security level 10 or 20 system to security
level 30 or higher.

The QSECURITY system value can be changed at any time but the change to the
security level does not take effect until the next IPL as follows:

<snip>

--
Larry Bolhuis         |
Arbor Solutions, Inc  | Two rules to success in life: