  • Subject: Re: USRCLS(*USER) = *ALLOBJ....???
  • From: John Earl <johnearl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 07:46:41 -0800

The relationship between USRCLS and Special authorities is
pretty loose.  You could give a *USER all of the special
authorities if you wanted to (though I wouldn't reccommend
it).

User Class only serves two purposes.  It provides default
special authorites during the CRTUSRPRF (which can be
overriden), and it defines which menu options certain users
can see (operational assistant is a set of menus that come
to mind that base their displays on the users *USRCLS).
Other than that, it really has no purpose.

jte

--
John Earl                       johnearl@toolnet.com

PowerTech Toolworks             206-575-0711
PowerLock Network Security      www.toolnet.com
The 400 School                  www.400school.com