  • Subject: RE: AS/400 OLE DB support (project ligthning)
  • From: Bob Crothers <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:32:29 -0000

Denis said:

BTW I called IBM for support on this, and i was told that this is not
coverd by software maintenance and that i would get billed for any
helpthat i would received!
<<<

That is a Cool trick!  You provide buggy software with little
documentation to your customers, then when they call about the bugs,
tell them you will have to charge them to help you find your bugs!

Support dollars go up.  And since you only have to provide buggy
software, your development expenses go down!

Remember when IBM stood for "INCREDIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE"?  They used
to be the BEST.  Bar none.

Oh well.  Sure makes it easy to compete with them.  Good for the ISV's
(like me).  Bad for the customer.

Bob