  • Subject: RE: Service programs no binder language signatures???
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (PP)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:08:55 -0600

Think of signatures as file level identifiers for service programs.  In your
binder language, you can set it up so that it will have more than one
signature.  There are great examples in the online books to do this.  In a
nutshell, after you have added new subprocedures, do the following:

1.  Make a copy of all the binder language statements in a group.  On one of
them (the one you are not adding the new subprocedures to), change it to
read PGMLVL(*PRV).

2.  On the other list, add your new subprocedures.

Here's an example of binder language that will produce 2 signatures so that
the programs that use the old subprocedures will not have to be recompiled.

             STRPGMEXP
             EXPORT     SYMBOL(SP1)
             EXPORT     SYMBOL(SP2)
             EXPORT     SYMBOL(NEWSP)