  • Subject: RE: Question on Cobol (Unix) file layouts...
  • From: Dan Thomas <DThomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:38:59 -0500

In (any) Cobol PIC 9(5)V99 is a seven byte field.  I believe you handled
this correctly.  And yes, these file layouts are "internal" compared to
AS/400 DB2 files.  We converted from a NCR Unix RM/Cobol to AS/400 RPG
(JBA).  We created ASCII flat files and copied them from Unix to our PC and
then from PC to AS/400 using Client Access.  We probably could have FTP'd
from Unix to AS/400 but this approach did work well for us.  Feel free to
e-mail me if you need further assistance.