Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:10:50
From: jccats@bright.net
Subject: MSDS information

The hospital currently has a PC application running for MSDS (material
safety data sheets). We scan these images into this PC based program and
the PC users have access to these sheets on-line.

I"ve never cared for this  method, but it was decided by various
committees. My biggest objection is that most of our users are using AS/400
terminals, and access to PC's is very limited (50 hospital-wide).  Although
I see the PC's becoming an integral part of the hospital, it will be down
the road and the AS/400 will always be part of our Information System.

I'm looking for a method or software that will manage this MSDS information
via the AS/400.

The current software allows you to index the msds sheets... so when we get
a msds sheet for liquid paper, we index it as such and scan the image.
Then when one of our employees decides to gulp down a few bottles of liquid
paper, we can rush over to our pc's and look up what to do. I"m sure all of
you have an idea of what SHOULD be done to someone who decides to do that
:-0.  Because I sure do !

Any suggestions ???  I wanted to post this to a group of users of AS/400
before I started searching for software !!

Joan Clark
Info. Sys. Manager
Joint Township Hospital
200 St. Clair