We have an old program with a statement 'FREE....' . According to the help,
it 'deactivates a program'. Does anyone know if there is another opcode that
I can use to substitute for 'FREE' or maybe it is no longer necessary and
that is why it is not valid in RPGLE. The program does handle a interactive
menuing system and probably there are many CALLS to it at the same time and
maybe this is a way of 'freeing' an 'instance' of the program that is not
necessary any more. I'm reaching here so there is great possibility that I
don't know what I'm talking about.

Below is the portion of code with the statement about 2/3rd's down. Thanks
in advance.

 C                     MOVE *ZEROS    ERRSEV
 C                     CALL PROGNO                 62
 C*
 C*  TEST FOR NORMAL TERMINATION OF CALLED PROGRAM. IF INDICATOR 62
 C*  IS ON, THE PROGRAM WAS EITHER NOT FOUND OR THE CALL ENDED AB-
 C*  NORMALLY IN SOME OTHER WAY. SET ERROR FLAG ACCORDINGLY.
 C*
 C           *IN62     IFEQ ON
 C           PROGST    IFEQ NOPROG
 C                     MOVE ON        ERR04
 C                     ELSE
 C                     MOVE ON        ERR03
 C                     END
 C                     ELSE
 C*
 C*  IF INDICATOR 62 IS NOT ON, CHECK TO SEE IF ANY OTHER PROGRAM
 C*  ERRORS WERE DETECTED. IF SO, MOVE THE RECEIVED ERROR MESSAGE
 C*  TO THE SCREEN ERROR MESSAGE FIELD. IF NOT, CLEAR THE OPTION
 C*  FIELD.
 C*

 C*
 C                     FREE PROGNO                 62
 C           ERRSEV    IFEQ ONE
 C                     MOVE ON        *IN69
 C                     MOVELERRMSG    SCERMS
 C                     ELSE
 C                     MOVE *ZEROS    SCOPTN
 C                     END
 C                     END
 C*