  • Subject: Max spool entries 10,000 per JOB??
  • From: bvining@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 99 09:10:52 CST

You are not missing anything.  There is currently a maximum of 9999
spool entries that can be associated with a given job; and the only
work around for today is to start a new job or split the spool files
across multiple jobs.

If you were to make a formal request for extending this current limit
I suspect your request would be, as they say, "Accepted" which indicates
that IBM agrees with the request, a solution is desirable and feasible.
I would not however anticipate such a change being right around the
corner, and likewise would not expect to see it PTFed to whatever
release you may be on now.  To change the number of spool files is
a decidedly non-trivial effort with impacts throughout the system.

Bruce