  • Subject: RE: pcl5 and 5si and wscst
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:25:48 -0600

To make the printer use the whole page, start adjusting these numbers...

:VARLSPC
      VAROFFSET=    3
      VARLEN=    3
      VARTYPE=CHRDEC
      CNVNUM=    1
      CNVDEN=   48
      DATA ='1B266C0000002E3943'X.

Start with these numbers exactly.  Then if you need to go up or down, adjust
the CNVDEN number up or down along with the hex value following the hex 2E
in the DATA parameter.  For example, this says 48.9.  Decrease the x'39' to
x'38' to drop down... if you read x'31' and need to go lower, change CNVDEN
to 47 and change the hex back to x'39' and so on.

The Feb Issue of Midrange Computing I have an article that covers this a
little better.

Bradley V. Stone
Taylor Corporation - OASIS Programmer/Analyst
bvstone@taylorcorp.com