Thanks for your answer, Jerry.

Do you have one of these working that I can compare your model number with?

As I understand the situation, AutoSync is enabled by the AT command AT&Q4.  If
I issue this command to the modem, it returns the generic status text 'ERROR'.
Netsoft reports 'Modem does not support AutoSync'.

If you notice the Hayes web page, it only claims AutoSync support for the
Optima business modem, the ISA card or the external.  The PCMCIA cards are on a
separate page, and it doesn't say autosync, although it has that term in the
meta keywords of the HTML source.

I don't think I'm going to purchase an upgrade from a company that doesn't
exist anymore, and that can't answer their tech support line.  It would be
great if someone actually had this model of optima working, but it really seems
like it's not supported from what I can tell.

I did a search on the net and found that 3Com still sells the XJ4336 and it
lists autosync as one of it's features:
http://www.3com.com/client/mcd/products/xj4336sp.html

Does anyone have any experience with it and AutoSync that they would be willing
to share?

Regards,
Rich

Rich Duzenbury