From: Bartrug, James [mailto:JBartrug@tssint.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 1999 11:10 AM
To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
Subject: RE: IE 4.1 and Client Access

Brad,

I am using V3R1M3 of CA, WIN NT 4.0,  TCP/IP connection to AS/400.  OS400
V3R7.
I can PING to the AS400 okay.
D:\users>ping XXX.XX.XXX.XXX

Pinging XXX.XX.XXX.XXX with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from XXX.XX.XXX.XXX: bytes=32 time=311ms TTL=64
Reply from XXX.XX.XXX.XXX: bytes=32 time<10ms TTL=64
Reply from XXX.XX.XXX.XXX: bytes=32 time<10ms TTL=64
Reply from XXX.XX.XXX.XXX: bytes=32 time<10ms TTL=64

But when I use CWBPING I get an error message shown below.

D:\users>cwbping XXX.XX.XXX.XXX

IBM AS/400 Client Access for Windows 95/NT
Version 3  Release 1  Level 3

To cancel the CWBPING request, press CTRL-C.
Verifying connection to system XXX.XX.XXX.XXX...
WinSock 2.0
CWBCO1003 - Winsock error, function connect returned 10060
CWBCO1006 - Unable to connect to server mapper (port 449) on system
XXX.XX.XXX.XXX
CWBCO1016 - Connection verify failed

James Bartrug
TSSI