  • Subject: Re: Overflow values
  • From: John Hall <jhall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 09:50:33 -0500

Nice example but this method of error handling is pitiful.  IBM needs to
improve it dramatically.  CL does a much better job of error trapping.
Many of the PC languages also allow for usefull error trapping

ex:

try
  a := b / c;
except
  a := 0;
  error := TRUE;
end;

or any number of other ways.  Even a monmsg opcode would be much better.

John Hall
Home Sales Co.