  • Subject: Re: Should I upgrade my hardware?
  • From: "Carl Galgano" <cgalgano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 13:43:44 -0500

Alan:
One thing you should not do is make a decision not to buy because either
something better will come along or the proce will be cheaper.  Those 2
factors will always be true and no one would ever buy new tachnology.  This
should be strickly a business decision.  You should try to keep you OS up to
date and if you NEED more disk, and a faster CPU, you should weigh the
option of just upgading the parts you need plus the OS upgrade with the cost
of the new hardware AND the time and effort required to do the conversion.
There are lots of other factors you will need to consider if you change out
boxes, especially if you do alot of communications on your system.
Good luck.
Carl Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
540 Powder Springs Street
Suite C19
Marietta, GA  30064
770-422-2995
mailto: cgalgano@ediconsulting.com
http:cgalgano.home.mindspring.com
EDI, Communications and AS400 Technical Consulting