  • Subject: Re: configuring remote printer queue
  • From: Glenn Gundermann <ggundermann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 14:09:38 -0400

Wayne,

There are different methods which like you said, have been discussed on the
list before.

I use a printer session within my Client Access.  This works for me.  I have
the same LAN printer printing
for two AS/400s and even several users have their own PRTxxxx devd so they
don't have to rely on anyone
else's session being started.

Start, Programs, IBM AS400 Client Access, Accessories, Start or Configure
Session
Enter your system name, a workstation id (PRT1234 or whatever), select the Type
of emulation as Printer
Click Setup, transform print data to ASCII on AS/400, select printer model, OK,
OK
Go into Appearance, Window Setup, use Session Name as the title and key in a
session name PRT1234.
File, Printer Setup, select the LAN printer
Close the session and it'll ask you to save the settings.  Say yes and give it
a name of PRT1234.ws
It'll ask you if you want to create an icon, say yes and optionally put it on
your desktop

Hope this helps.

Glenn Gundermann
Ronald A. Chisholm Limited