  • Subject: FASUG AS/400 Meeting
  • From: Pete Massiello <pmassiello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 19:49:54 -0400

This is our annual 1 day event with 25 sessions.  I thought anyone in the area
might be interested, as the last day to register is Monday, but we do accept
walkins.  We will have almost 200 people at our Oct 20th meeting.   The theme or
topic is:  Invest in yourself and your staff.!!!

One full day Tuesday October 20, 1998, of intensive AS/400 Technical training,
at
a great price, right in your own backyard. We have picked a very convenient
location. The Stratford Ramada Inn located in Stratford CT, which is right off
I-95 Exit 30 (225 Lordship Boulevard, Stratford CT).

Find it difficult to send your staff away or even yourself for a few days at a
time???  Then FASUG’s sixth annual Application Development Day is for you.  Over
25 sessions, in 5 concurrent tracks in one day.

As many of us in the AS/400 environment have learned, not only is change
inevitable, but it is happening at a much quicker rate. There are new features
and functions being added to the AS/400 at an astounding rate. How can you
continue to perform the functions of your existing job, yet at the same time
learn about these new AS/400 features and functions?  Invest in yourself by
attending the sixth annual FASUG Application Development Day.   You will learn
about new ILE & Java Coding, the Internet, Referential Integrity, Triggers, RPG,
Performance, backup techniques, and much more.  These are topics that you and
your company can’t afford to miss.

Your biggest decision is how many people should you bring, because you will not
want to miss a single session.  So bring the entire staff, and let them pick
their sessions so that you can have someone at each session.  Your investment in
time will pay for itself many times over with all the interesting and
informative
topics being presented.

There are many conferences that are available to educate As/400 professionals on
how to get more from your AS/400.   We have taken some of the best topics
presented at COMMON by some of the best speakers, added a vendor exhibit and
“show & tell” area, wrapped this all into a five  track one day format that is
within easy commuting distance, all at a very affordable price.  With today’s
constrains of time, resources, and dollars, where else can you get this much
AS/400 training for so few dollars.

For latest up to date information, please visit us on the web at WWW.FASUG.ORG

Registration includes:
- Continental Breakfast, snacks during Breaks, and Lunch
- Entrance to Vendor Demos & Exhibits
- All Conference Proceedings in one manual (Great take home reference manual)
- Access to Industry Experts
- Networking with peers
- Admission  to Conference sessions

FASUG’s Application Development Day  is structured as a full one day event,
which
allows you to upgrade your knowledge & skills in an intense learning
environment,
without the costly commitment of valuable time.

The day starts with a complimentary continental breakfast where you can network
with fellow attendees, or visit some of the vendors.   Conference sessions will
start promptly at 8:30 am, (registration starts at 7:30am) and run continuously
throughout the day, with appropriate breaks for coffee, lunch, and soft drinks.

Each attendee will receive a binder of all the session handouts.  This great
reference manual will allow you to easily have information at your finger tips
when you return.

-Hotel reservations

A limited numbers of sleeping rooms have  been reserved at the Ramada Inn.
Reservations must be made directly with the Ramada Inn.  We have a block of
rooms
reserved at a discount price of $72 per night.  These rooms must be reserved 1
month prior to the conference to get the discounted rate.  FASUG cannot
guarantee
availability.  We encourage you to send in your registration and make your room
reservations as early as possible.

Stratford Ramada Inn
225 Lordship Blvd.
Stratford, CT  06497
(203) 375-8866

- Location

We are less than 1 hour from Danbury, Waterbury, New Haven,  Hartford, Long
Island, Northern New Jersey,  Westchester, Stamford, Greenwich, and Rockland.
Less than 2.5 hours from Boston, Providence, Springfield, and Newark New Jersey.
It’s an easy commute no matter where you are coming from.

Our Vendor Show & Tell area will be available during breakfast, breaks, and
lunch. Our exhibitors will be able to show you their products so you can
experience first hand the benefits each vendor has to offer.  Our show size and
viewing period insures you will receive quality time to evaluate the products on
display.  This is a great opportunity to sample some of the vendors offerings
that are exhibited during the national COMMON conferences.   The exhibits will
showcase  a diverse selection of products, that assures you will find our show
be educational and informative.

 FASUG Tuesday October 20th 1998 Registration Form

- Registration Information

Last Name ____________________________________________  First Name
____________________________

Company

Address

City  ________________________________________ State __________   Zip Code
________________________

Phone # (       )  __________________  Fax # (        ) _______________ Email
____________________________

Please check the box for each session  you plan to attend. The session names are
located in this brochure.  This will allow us to put the presentations into the
proper sized rooms.  You can attend sessions from any track.

-Conference Fee:

If payment is received prior to Oct 5th, you are entitled to the early bird
discount payment.  If after Oct 5th, or at the door the day of the conference,
the total cost per individual is $195.

Early Bird Registration  -  $150  __________   Late Registration $195
______________

0   Payment Enclosed                       0   Will pay at the door.
Total Amount Due: ________________ Make Checks Payable to FASUG

- Payment Information:

Please indicate form of payment.  Payment must be included with this form,
unless
you are paying at the door.  You will not be entitled to the early bird
registration if paying at the door.  (You may pay in person at the FASUG
September 15 meeting if you wish, and still receive the early bird discount).

If you are paying at the door, please fax this registration back to
(203)790-6056, so we know how many handouts to make.

- Cancellation Policy

Cancellations received in writing (mailed or faxed) no later than October 5th ,
will be refunded in full.  No refunds for cancellations received within two
weeks
of the event.  Those who register and indicate that they will pay at the door,
must adhere to the cancellation policy, otherwise they will be invoiced.

How to register in advance:

Mail: FASUG  c/o OS Solutions, *36 Mill Plain Rd., Suite 304 * Danbury,  CT
06811
Fax:  (203) 790-6056
Phone: (203) 744-7854  Ext 10

Signature

See homepage for topics, as they do not come out well on this email version of
the registration page. http://www.fasug.org

Pete Massiello
OS Solutions International
Phone: (203)-744-7854  Ext 11.