  • Subject: Re: Strange Message in Backup's Joblog
  • From: "Robertson, Scott" <SRobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 14:49:12 -0400

According to the DTAARA, RCLSTG has never been run on this box.  I have
never done one either.  Looks like I'm going to get a "crash course" in
RCLSTG this weekend (pun intended, but hoping for the best).
I've looked through the manual and have a question.  It states that
"damaged database files for which data still exists are rebuilt as
field-level files" and evidently saves them into QRCL library.
What are "field-level files"?
Since the library that is coughing up the error message contains only
data files, I'm very interested in this definition, as well as what it
will take to restore this file back to original/useable condition.
Scott S. Robertson
Information Systems Manager
Data Processing Sciences Corp.
Srobertson@dpsciences.com
http://www.dpsciences.com

        You may have not detected damage, but you certainly have damage.
It is
        possible that an object is partially damaged, but is working
properly from
        a database perspective.

        I would suggest a RCLSTG.
        Al

                >The following message has begun appearing in our
nightly backup of our
                >data libraries.
                >
                >MSGID      TYPE                    SEV   DATE
TIME       FROM PGM
                >LIBRARY     INST     TO PGM       LIBRARY    INST
                >MCH3402    Diagnostic              40    10/14/98
00:28:53
                >007168000000               4FF8     QDBSVPRE     QSYS
05D8
                >                                      Message . . . . :
Tried to refer
                >to all or part of an object that no longer

                >                                        exists.
                >
                >                                      Cause . . . . . :
The most