  • Subject: PentaSafe is excited to announce its participation in the IBM Sys tem Management Partners Group
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 14:45:24 -0500
  • Cc: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Bob,
I am forwarding this on to you.  We don't use their products but it sounds good.
---------------------- Forwarded by Rob Berendt/DEKKO on 10/06/98 01:15 PM
---------------------------

mdc@pentasafe.com on 09/14/98 12:43:49 PM
To:     Rob Berendt/DEKKO@DEKKO
cc:
Subject:        PentaSafe is excited to announce its participation in the IBM
Sys tem Management Partners Group

 Recent press release from IBM.  Beginning this month, IBM will
beginning shipping a 30-day evaluation of our software to provide data
security and system auditing solutions for the AS/400 environment.

Contact:
Jennifer Lynch
PentaSafe
1-888-400-2834
marketing@pentasafe.com

PENTASAFE TEAMS WITH IBM TO IMPROVE SECURITY MANAGEMENT FOR IBM AS/400 CUSTOMERS

HOUSTON, August 19, 1998 - PentaSafe, Inc., a leader in the field of auditing
and security software, announced today that it is participating in the AS/400
System Management Partners Group, sponsored by IBM.  This program is a combined
effort of the IBM Software Vendor Marketing Partnership and systems management
vendors to increase customer awareness of vendor-delivered solutions and
resources that can help them better manage their AS/400s and all the components
of their network.

&IBM has shown that they are now focusing on the significance of total systems
management and security and we are happy to provide the auditing and security
solutions,8 said Douglas Erwin, President and CEO, of PentaSafe.

PentaSafe,s PSAudit and PSSecure products will be two of the initial products
offered as solutions to the challenges of managing AS/400 systems, and the only
products focused on security and auditing.

& The AS/400 Systems Management Partner Group was recently established to
provide timely solutions that help our customers manage their resources amid a
rapidly changing business environment,8 said Sue Horn, director, AS/400 Systems
Software Development, IBM.    &PentaSafe,s PSAudit and PSSecure products extend
the security of OS/400.  They work together to assist the AS/400 customer to
audit, control and limit unauthorized access to his systems.8

As PCs and the Internet are increasingly being attached to the AS/400, security
will become an even more important issue to system administrators, auditors and
security officers.  PentaSafe allows customers to balance the risks and rewards
of opening up their AS/400 systems by centralizing the reporting and management
of security, giving authorized users access while denying access to users who
are not authorized.

PC users hooked up to an AS/400 can use basic programs in Windows to access
valuable and sensitive data.  In a security strategy, the established security
requirements and rules become less effective as time passes.  The auditing of a
system is critical to maintaining the integrity of the data on the system.

About PentaSafe, Inc.

PentaSafe is a leading developer of audit and security management software for
the AS/400. Clients include Fortune 1000 companies and Big 6 accounting firms.
PentaSafe is a privately held company with corporate headquarters located in
Houston, Texas and a European office located in the United Kingdom.
Information about PentaSafe can be found on the PentaSafe home page at
http://www.pentasafe.com.