  • Subject: Re: Logical File Rebuild time
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 12:56:16 -0400

Longer record length means more disk data must be read to get the index
fields from the records being indexed.  No matter what fields you use
the system will need to get the record from the disk and pick out the
index fields.  Bigger Records = Bigger File = More I/O = Longer rebuild
time.

Larry Bolhuis
Arbor Solutions, Inc
lbolhui@ibm.net