  • Subject: RE: What is task CFINT1??
  • From: "Raikov, Leonid" <Raikovl1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 16:49:03 +0100

CFINT1 is a part of the AS/400 task despatch mechanism. Normally it
should not eat up more than 3-5% of the CPU, but there are exceptions to
this rule of thumb. The most common is when you try to use an AS/400
server model as an interactive engine. In this case CFINT1 prevents you
from adding more interactive workload than designed by IBM for this type
of configuration. Also, if you have a lot of task generating process
(e.g. file/program restore), task management may cause CFINT1 to devour
up to 15% CPU. Anything higher than that is pretty unusual for an AS/400
system.
I heard there are other system activities running under CFINT1, but I
don't know what they are. You can take a look in the Diagnostics Guide,
containing a section on the most common LIC tasks and their functions.

Lo

Email   -       raikovl1@midas-kapiti.com
Phone +44 1753 708 266
Fax     +44 1753 570233

The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's
own and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Misys
plc.