  • Subject: RE: Restoring a saved spool file .
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 14:39:55 -0500

Copying a Spooled File To A Physical File
CRTPF FILE(library/pfname) RCDLEN(133) SIZE(*NOMAX) TEXT('whatever you
want')

For the Record Length(RCDLEN) you want to specify the width of the page
+ 1.

CPYSPLF FILE(spoolfilename) TOFILE(library/pfname) JOB(number/user/job)
CTLCHAR(*FCFC)

Saving the Physical File To Tape
SAVOBJ OBJ(pfname) SAVLIB(library) DEV(TAP01) OBJTYPE(*FILE)

For the Device(DEV) you might have to specify something else, like TAP02
depending on the device name of your tape drive.

Restoring the Physcial File From Tape
RSTOBJ OBJ(pfname) SAVLIB(library) DEV(TAP01) OBJTYPE(*FILE)

Copying the Physical File Back To  A Spooled File
OVRPRTF FILE(QPRINT) CTLCHAR(*FCFC)
CPYF FROMFILE(library/pfname) TOFILE(QPRINT)

Now the spooled file should be ready to print.  It's name will be
QPRINT.