  • Subject: RE: SCSI Tape Cable problem during conversion from AS/400-300 to Model 170
  • From: Neil Palmer <NeilP@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 13:32:56 -0400

Even if you order a new 7208 with your PCI system you have to be
careful.  With our S10 & 7208-222 (same 2729 controller) was packaged
the PCI SCSI cable and a terminator plug.  Thinking that as the 7208
was the only device on the card you would terminate it with the
terminator cap SEEMED logical, but was wrong.  It didn't work until I
removed it.

FYI - with the 13/26GB 1/4" drives, if you need just a little bit more
unattended capacity (6GB more - remember the days when that was more
space than your system had  :-)  ) IBM now has a 16/32GB tape available
(part # 59H4175).  Same method of increased storage as the 7GB 8mm vs
the 5GB, longer thinner tape and a hugher price !

Neil Palmer         DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
                                             AS/400~~~~~
Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada    ___________          ___  ~
Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:   (905) 731-9202          oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com        AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server