Hi all!
We have an upload job which requires an exclusive lock on a number of files to
refresh data from NT to the AS/400 nightly.  (Please don't give me a hard time
about this part!  We are rewriting the application to run C/S on DB2/400.) We
are using a tool called Easycom, a Delphi to AS/400 connectivity tool running in
its own subsystem.  This is all well and good, except when a user does not
properly close out of the application (or if they leave their PC on all night),
the Easycom sessions do not time out (since they are batch jobs).  This causes
the upload job to bomb off, which makes the end users unhappy the next day.
In CL, we are using WRKOBJLCK OUTPUT(*PRINT) and turning the spool file into a
physical file to find which jobs have the required files locked.  We would like
this job to then cancel any Easycom jobs with a lock on the file.  (We do not
want it to cancel other batch jobs, like backup or our hawkeye rebuild.)  We do
not know how to get which subsystem a job is running in given a job
number/user/job name.

Question 1 - Is there a way to get a subsystem from a job number/user/job name
in batch?
Question 2 - Is there instead a way to change the Easycom subsystem batch jobs
to time out, as interactive jobs do?
Question 3 - Are we going about this all wrong?  What would you do to insure a
nightly upload job has exclusive rights to the files it needs without
indiscriminately deleting ALL jobs that are using those files?

Thanks again for input of your collective brains!!!
rwm

Robert Meade
Worldwide Church of God