  • Subject: RE: ftp in cl
  • From: Eric <Eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 15:39:50 -0700

Wayne,
        We do a FTP file transfer from Unix to the AS/400 on a nightly basis.
 Originally we considered using CL to do the job but we found that it was
far easier to use a RPG program (with assistance from Scott Lindstrom).
 The RPG program changes the file name (which is passed as a parm) in the
FTP command file, checks for FTP errors within the FTP log, and FTPs the
file from the UNIX system.  The FTP commands and log are stored within an
physical file.  Manipulating the file, IMHO, is far easier than modifying
the CL.

Eric Kempter
Director of MIS
Commair Mechanical Services