  • Subject: Large AS400 shop, test-data suggestions.
  • From: Tim Truax <truax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 19:01:17 -0400

Hi All,
I work for a large company that employes in excess of 225
programmer/analysts, we have about (15) AS400 machines that use SNADS to
link with each other.  I am on a committee here to enhance and simplify
the function of creating test environments (libraries) for programmers
to perform programming maintenance in an insulated manner from
production.  We want to be able to have a S/A identify the failing
job(s) and easily hit a few keys to generate a fully operational test
environment or library with the objects used by those programs, and the
programs and CLP programs needed to begin the maintenance or programming
changes.

Here's where we are now.  We want to subset the production environment
completely onto a test (large supply machine) then build
libraries/environments that will be program-alteration-change specific,
then the programmer will be assigned a library housing the objects
needed and a programming request form. then they could simply sit down
and start coding instead of deciphering the system for 10 days before
coding begins.   Suggestions appreciated.
----
Tim & Dana Truax... and Caleb 4 years old.

begin:          vcard
fn:             Tim Truax
n:              Truax;Tim
org:            RPS, Inc
adr:            1000 RPS Drive;;P O Box ;Moon Township;PA;15108;USA
email;internet: truax@usaor.net
title:          AS400 Developer/Analyst
tel;work:       412 859 5368
tel;fax:        412 341 0484