  • Subject: ICF woes :(
  • From: Tim Truax <truax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 19:58:02 -0400

Hello all,
Being a complete novice at RPG utilization of the ICFF objects, I would
like to ask the following:
I have a (local) RPG program that utilizes an ICF file.  Here is the
problem I am having.  There is a (local) CLP program written that when
run on the (local) source system, it loads the (local) RPG program and
it receives requests from the remote location.  Then, it loads another
RPG program that turns around and generates responses back to the remote
system.  However, when this CLP program is run in a recovery mode, it is
attempting to send residual (left over) responses FIRST and this
particular (local) RPG program (or the program running on the remote
system) is not working in this response-first manner.  Now, the question
is:  Is there some modification that needs to be made on the program at
the remote system that the AS400 is talking to so that it knows, when a
linkage is established using the EVOKE keyword, instead of doing a
receive then a response, it’s just going to do the responses first?
Gee.. I hope this is clear enough.
--
Tim Truax
Developer/Analyst