  • Subject: Re: Teaching the 400
  • From: "Roger Vicker" <rvicker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 09:35:28 -0500

I should be able to announce this fall that SouthWestern Community College
(SWCC), here in Creston Iowa, will be starting an operator's class on the
AS/400.
After 6+ years on the advisory boards trying to get them going and contact the
Partners in Education program at IBM things are coming together. They will be
expanding the offerings as they get comfortable and the budgets allow another
instructor.

One thing they are seriously considering is eventually teaching the courses as
correspondence over the internet. When I told them about the inquiry here on the
M-L they jumped at another possible source of students to make it profitable.

FYI anyone else looking at sponsoring their college should know that although
IBM
_provides_ free curriculum, only the first four courses are free. After that
each
is a few hundred dollars but the instructors here say that for what they get it
is almost like free.

If anyone has recently been through this process SWCC and I would be glad to
hear
of any pointers you can give us.

Roger Vicker, CCP

--
*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte ***
Money is the root of all evil, and man needs roots.